Wednesday, September 22, 2004

 

Peter OToole Wouldn't Be Happy!

For years whenever friends mentioned "exercise", I would trot out my Peter OToole story:
" I get all my exercise being a pallbearer for my friends who exercised." It always got a laugh and a rolling of the eyes from my wife. I know she has my best interest at heart, still I resisted. Now this! According to studies published in the Journal of the American Medical Association,

"Elderly people who take regular walks are less likely to suffer dementia than those who take little exercise...".
"Keeping active has already been proven to lessen the risk of heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Now moderate daily exercise such as long strolls has been found to keep elderly minds healthier."


No more Peter OToole jokes. I gave up drinking and smoking, now I resolve to give up my sedentary lifestyle.

Can I still make Peter jokes? (I think my wife just rolled her eyes!)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here
Google
WWW Mover Mike