Tuesday, November 09, 2004

 

Tuesday November 9th

We import about 60% of our oil needs. We pay in US Dollars for the oil and the US Dollar is down almost 30%. My guess is that oil companies need $25 to $30 per barrel to justify the risk of searching for new oil depoits. We are now at $48 per barrel. Which should be good for us, but Tech Central Station says we have an anti-energy policy in the US.
Nonetheless, many in Washington equate being anti-energy with being pro-environment. There are formidable federal roadblocks in front of nearly everything the nation will need in order to meet its future energy requirements. In effect, our energy policy has morphed into an anti-energy environmental policy, and acts as a hindrance to a more secure energy future.
Mover Mike

Yesterday, I posted statistics about the number of babies killed by abortions. I said I was startled by the numbers, 1,375,000 per year, more than 3750 per day, day after day, 24/7! My wife didn't seem to be impressed, so I looked up these statistics from the CDC: number of deaths for leading causes of death

* Heart Disease: 696,947

* Cancer: 557,271

* Stroke: 162,672

* Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 124,816

* Accidents (unintentional injuries): 106,742

* Diabetes: 73,249

* Influenza/Pneumonia: 65,681

* Alzheimer's disease: 58,866

* Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 40,974

* Septicemia: 33,865
Think of how much money is spent each year to prevent Heart Dusease, Cancer. How much money is spent educating people on Diabetes. AIDS is n't even listed. How much money is spent on AIDS Research. How much money do we spend each year making better cars. How much money do we spend buying safety equipment. Yet, yet, we kill 1,375,000 babies each year, 3750 babies each day, 24 hours a day, 24/7. I recall reading and hearing:
"The Big Book" page 449:
"And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation--some fact of my life--unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situationas being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I would accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes."
I have attended Landmark's Forum and have heard "There is nothing wrong here." I am reading Loving What Is by Byron Katie who says "The only time we suffer is when we believe a thought that argues with what is....All the stress that we feel is caused by arguing with what is."
I am not able to practice yet what I've learned. I am not against a woman's right to choose. I just think there is something wrong here!
Mover Mike

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here
Google
WWW Mover Mike