Saturday, January 29, 2005

 

Do You Want Fries With That?

My last time through a McDonald's or Burger King, I noticed from my car that the person taking my order, had a head set on and was multitasking. Taking my order, drawing a coke or milkshake, making change, asking if I wanted salt or ketchup, and then handing me my food, drink first. Now I read KXMC has this from Hermiston in Eastern Oregon near I-84:
(AP) _ The McDonald's restaurant in Hermiston, Oregon is outsourcing customers drive-thru meals to North Dakota.

When a customer drives through, they'll be patched through to Grand Forks, North Dakota to place the order. Why? Because the minimum wage in North Dakota is five-dollars and 15 cents, compared to Oregon's seven-dollars and 25 cents.

I see several problems. The owner would still need someone to do the other jobs that were being done by the order taker. (I can't figure out how that saves any money.) And, if the order taker is in North Dakota, won't my fries get cold, waiting for my order taker to hand them to me? " I am sorry, Ladies and Gentlemen, but your fries will be a little bit late, due to a head wind out of Montana."

Mover Mike

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here
Google
WWW Mover Mike