Sunday, January 23, 2005

 

Sunday January 23rd

A post at Grumpy Old Bookman about Ursula K. Le Guin: Steering the Craft on Tuesday, January 18, 2005, caught my eye partly because she makes her home in Oregon, and partly because I like to read about writing written by writers.
So far so good. The book was recommended to me by an established writer who told me that it contains the most lucid explanation of the use of point of view in fiction that he had ever come across. And indeed chapters seven and eight do cover point of view rather well. I have to say, however, that I prefer my own explanation of this subject, which I published in this blog in five parts from 4 to 10 November 2004 (see archives). But other readers may find Ms Le Guin's explanation preferable. It's all a matter of taste. Either way, the use of viewpoint is something that a writer has to master, and it sure ain't simple.
I haven't read either yet, but I have just read the five parts, because I am interested in establishing a point of view I am interested in the "voice" for this blog, not to be confused with point of view.
Mover Mike

Welcome to the following blogs:

The Cave - It's scary, I think we think alike

One Clear Call - Thoughts from an average American working woman who understands the only issue that can't wait is our nation's security. "If you would have peace, prepare for war" ~ Ancient Roman proverb

Mandelinople - my city. my rules.

.:. WitNit .:. - BATTLING WORLDWIDE ATTENTION-SPAN SHRINKAGE (wit-nit) v. 1. to closely examine a thing with humor and ironic truth. 2. to take humorous analysis of relatively inconsequential things to a hyperbolic extreme. 3. to engage in silly, extended, self-indulgent rantings. 4. to do things up with which others will not put.

Scylla & Charybdis - A journey through the narrow channel between the Scylla of a controlled press and the Charybdis of effete thugs with immunity.

Mover Mike

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here
Google
WWW Mover Mike