Sunday, January 30, 2005

 

Sunday, January 30th

And the Beat Goes On...


2005/01/30 21:39:02 8.25N 94.25E 15.0 5.2 Nicobar Islands
2005/01/30 15:33:13 8.13N 94.09E 15.9 5.6 Nicobar Islands

Mover Mike



STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT ON THE IRAQI ELECTION

Today the people of Iraq have spoken to the world, and the world is hearing the voice of freedom from the center of the Middle East...

In great numbers, and under great risk, Iraqis have shown their commitment to democracy. By participating in free elections, the Iraqi people have firmly rejected the anti-democratic ideology of the terrorists. They have refused to be intimidated by thugs and assassins. And they have demonstrated the kind of courage that is always the foundation of self-government.

A whole new meaning to "Giving the Finger"!

Mover Mike

Arabs Mesmerized by Iraqi Elections And the real fear of the Middle Eastern leaders in Syria (where Iraqis voted by absentee ballot), Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Egypt

The Egyptian student, Ahmed Abdel Rahman, openly spoke about not trusting U.S. intentions in Iraq, saying the new Iraqi ruler "will be a follower of America."

But when asked if democracy can grow in Egypt, where President Hosni Mubarak is widely expected to seek a fifth term in power, the 20-year-old looked over his shoulder and said:

"Let's talk about Iraq. Let's stay away from talking about Egypt."
Mover Mike - 4000

From Iraq the Model this addition

I walked forward to my station, cast my vote and then headed to the box, where I wanted to stand as long as I could, then I moved to mark my finger with ink, I dipped it deep as if I was poking the eyes of all the world's tyrants.
I put the paper in the box and with it, there were tears that I couldn't hold; I was trembling with joy and I felt like I wanted to hug the box but the supervisor smiled at me and said "brother, would you please move ahead, the people are waiting for their turn".
Mover Mike

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here
Google
WWW Mover Mike