Thursday, February 03, 2005

 

Happy Ayn Rand Centenary!,

Gus Van Horn reminds us, yesterday, in Happy Ayn Rand Centenary!, if she were alive February 2nd would have been her 100th birthday. I went online Saturday and purchased the Oscar-award winning documentary, Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life; one of eight left that was personally autographed by Ayn Rand.

I have read all her books, Atlas Shrugged, many times. I remember sitting with the late Portland architect Will Martin, discussing The Fountainhead. Her writings have been with me in spirit since college and colors my views of art, politics and economics. She was so far-sighted. So much of the good-old-boy money-politics we have today, Ayn Rand wrote about and led to the saying "Who is John Galt?" We have a Federal Reserve Chairman who sat at the knees of Rand, who seems to have gone over to the dark side with regard to Gold. For many years I accepted her atheism, or for me it was agnosticism, but that changed in 1988 when I found I needed God in my life. I read the other day that she still sells 300,000 books a year. Recommended reading for high school and above.

Mover Mike

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who Links Here
Google
WWW Mover Mike